Cookies

Sunday 23 August 2015

Achieving

 Hello there! I haven't done a quote post in quite a long time, but I've been thinking about this for a while and so I thought I would share my thoughts with you. This post is similar to my one where I talked about saying yes and how you shouldn't let fear hold you back. However for this post I will be talking about how: 





























 Now I am very much someone who likes to be all cuddly and squishy in their comfort zone, and rarely venture out into the wide unknown. I have always very much been a home girl- I enjoyed going to sleepovers and things as a child, but I always liked going back home again the next day. Had you told me a few years ago that I would move 200 miles north to a city that I had never really been to, I would have laughed at you. I always thought that if I did decide to go to University that I would go to the UEA in Norwich and live at home. I think back to the time I went to an open day at the UEA, and how glad I am that when I visited I really didn't feel the place and couldn't see myself going there. I have found, especially since coming to University, that you need to put yourself out there, out of your comfort zone, in order to achieve things that you didn't even realise you could do. 
 Now this doesn't have to be a dramatic change that means you have to move across the country, it really can be something as simple as not following your normal routine for a day and trying something new. If you don't feel comfortable to go out and try something new on your own, why not take a friend? That way you both try something new and gain a different experience, but you have that friendly face in case you need it. 
 New and exciting things aren't just going to be handed to you on a plate- it's up to you to go and find them. Try something that you've always wanted to do, and if it turns out you don't like it, so what? At least you've tried. I know it's said a lot, but when you look back on life you're only going to regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did. You need to be able to make mistakes in order to learn and gain from that experience- nothing is going to be perfect the first time around. I'm not going to lie, of course when I try something new or different I still have that fear inside me, but it's the decision that you make after this that means you'll either gain a new experience or not. 
 If I see a new opportunity come my way, I try my upmost to take it. I hope that I will continue to do this throughout life, and so when I do look back, I don't have a life filled with thoughts of 'I wish I had done that when I had the chance', but rather with the thought of 'yes, I went out and tried that and accomplished that'. It's a cliche, but life is short. Live it the best way that you can, and go out and achieve all you can, while you have the chance. 

 Is there something that you've always wanted to do but never have? Why not make a plan to do it now? If you have the mentality of 'it's not the right time', it never will be. If you wait too long the chance may pass you by!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

3 comments

  1. I enjoy singing and have always wanted to join a fun singing group. After reading this blog I will definitely look out one to join locally. Thank you sweetie pie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post really inspired me. Just like you, I also do not like to do things out of my comfort zone. But I also understand that at some point in life I have to leave the luxury and be independent. I need to start saying "yes" more often than I do now :)
    Btw Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fab- I'm so glad it's inspired you to say yes to more things! You'll thank yourself for it :) xx

      Delete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig