Cookies

Wednesday 29 November 2017

The Ultimate Christmas Playlist



Now I don't know about you, but one thing that gets me super excited for Christmas is the music. You can be sure that I'll be blaring out the tunes on repeat in December to the point that I'm glad I don't have to listen to them again for another year once Christmas Day has been and gone. I always ask Tom not to hum a Christmas tune unless it's at least Autumn as it will make me too excited haha. Because Christmas is big deal to me and with that the music, I always love to find out what everyone's number one Christmas song is. December is merely a few days away and so I wanted to share with you my top songs for the season to get you in the mood and possibly add some new bangers to your Christmas playlist.

**These are merely in alphabetical order not preference order - these are also the versions that I prefer and so they're not necessarily the original**

A Spaceman Came Travelling - Chris De Burgh
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Buble
Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) - The Darkness
Fairytale of New York - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Nat King Cole
Here We Come A Caroling - Disney
Holly Jolly Christmas - Michael Buble
I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy WIlliams
Last Christmas - Wham!
Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens
Mistletoe and Wine - Cliff Richard
Santa Claus is Coming To Town - Jackson 5
Sleigh Ride - Disney
Stay Another Day - East 17 
Step into Christmas - Elton John
One More Sleep 'Til Christmas - The Muppets
Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
Up On the Housetop - Disney

I hope you agreed with some of my choices... I would love to know yours! 

Jess x 
Share:

4 comments

  1. That's a nice selection of songs Jess. I hadn't heard of some of them so I went to have a listen to them on Youtube. I like Fairytale of New York, that sounds like a great bar song and I liked Here we come a carolling and Holly Jolly Christmas. My favourite Christmas songs are Away in a Manger, All I want for Christmas is you, Don't be a jerk (It's Christmas) , O holy night and Oh santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've been able to listen to a few new songs! I haven't heard of some of those so will definitely check them out :-) x

      Delete
  2. I love your list! Loads of my favourites there.:) I'd also add Frosty The Snowman-Jackson 5, It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas- Bing Crosby and when Bruce Springsteen does live shows around Christmas time and plays Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're happy with my options! My full playlist is around 100 songs so it was hard to pick just 20 but I thought I couldn't list them all haha! x

      Delete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig