Cookies

Tuesday 24 October 2017

23 Things



Tomorrow I will be turning 23, and to mark the occasion I thought I would round up 23 things that I have learnt before turning 23. Now obviously I've learnt a lot more than this but I thought this would be a fun post to make and to see if you agree with me!

1. I love to travel and to have trips planned to look forward to - Tom and I will never be out backpacking around Thailand, but we love exploring new places.


2. To make the perfect cup of tea, put in the teabag and hot water before the milk. Can't go amiss with a biscuit either.


3. Your bedroom should be a safe haven and there's nothing better than fresh sheets and fresh jammies.


4. Christmas is my favourite time of the year and I hope that the excitement I feel every year never leaves me.


5. I like to spend time with people, but I also enjoy my own company and sometimes need an evening by myself to recharge by watching YouTube, having a bath and chilling out.


6.You can fall in love at a young age. At the age of 15 I doubt many people really believed that I loved Tom, and would have put it down to hormones or something, but I can't imagine what the last 7 years would have been like without him by my side.


7. At school you think that you need loads and loads of friends, but it's so much better having a group of bestest friends that you know you can always rely on to make you cry with laughter.


8. I LOVE having a dog in the house and I thoroughly like to spoil Tilly.


9. I really enjoy 'trashy' TV - I even got Tom into watching Coach Trip to Zante and I really enjoyed Made in Chelsea until all of the original cast left. Sometime it's good to be able to watch something that doesn't take much thought and just zone out for half an hour.


10. Family means a lot to me. I love watching old home videos and I've taken the time to make my own of different trips Tom and I make together.


11. I can keep house plants alive but plants in the garden are a bit hit and miss.


12. I go through phases of eating something all the time and become obsessed with it, but I then reach the point where I've had too much of it and don't eat it for months.


13. I love eating berries but I cannot stand anything that's berry scented.


14. I've been a victim of fads - why was it in fashion to have thin eyebrows? I'm still trying to grow mine back.


15. You should be proud of what you like and don't change or pretend to like something just to impress someone else.


16. I don't think I'll ever be able to over watch Harry Potter.


17. How good is it when you buy a dress or skirt and then finding out it has pockets.


18. When people ask the question, 'what one food could you not live without?' my answer will always be cake.


19. You can never have too many jumpers or blankets.


20. FRIENDS will never not make me laugh out loud.


21. Take the time to find out what you enjoy doing, and ensure that you make time to do something you enjoy during the week.


22. You should always try out new things, whether that be food, an activity or a new TV programme.


23. You should look after your skin, because as skincare guru Caroline Hirons says, you only get one face in life.


All gifs are sourced from Giphy.

I've enjoyed being 22 and I'm looking forward to seeing what 23 brings.

Jess x
Share:

2 comments

  1. Great List and a great idea!! Loved it!! Also people who put milk in first when making a cup of tea cannot be my friend :) Fully agree with how you make a cuppa xxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig