Cookies

Sunday 28 February 2016

Cuppa Catch Up February


 Hello there! You may remember that a few weeks ago I made a most titled 'cuppa catch up', and I thought, why not turn this into a monthly catch up? As you've probably been able to tell recently I have stuck to posting once a week as I feel this is a schedule that can be achieved within my oh so busy life at the moment! This way I can catch you all up on what has been happening throughout the month and not have to bore you with tales about how I've been reading numerous books/articles/generally having loads of work to do. Go and grab yourself a cuppa and let's have a catch up!


 I can't believe that February has come and *nearly* gone! It's crazy to think that in a mere few months I will have completed my degree. I keep saying to Tom 'oh when we live together next year' as I keep forgetting that it's actually about 4 months and not a year away at all. Annoyingly it's still too early to start to properly look for somewhere to live yet, as most rental places either want someone to move in straight away, or next month. So come end of April/start of May time we will be starting to look properly which is very exciting! 
 Last week our graduation dates were released which is terrifying yet exciting, and as mine and Tom's are on separate days it means we can go to each others which I didn't think we would be able to do. It hasn't quite got to the stage where we need to hire out our gowns yet, but accommodation for our family to come up has been booked! 
 This month has seen the return to University and although we've been back for 3 weeks it seems like it's been about 3 months. What with two modules to read for and a dissertation to research and write, work seems to have take over my life at the moment. However, there have been a few fun things in between here and there! 
 Tom and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary at the beginning of the month, which if I actually stop to think about is crazy! As during the day we started back at Uni, we went out for a meal at Strada in the evening which was lovely, and as it was a Monday it wasn't packed so we had a pick of where we wanted to sit and it meant we didn't have to wait ages for the food to arrive!


 The weather has finally been starting to get nicer (despite a bit of snow the other day) and I've been taking advantage of going outside in the sunshine again. You may have seen from my instagram and twitter that recently I joined the site borrowmydoggy. Once you've registered with them, the site allows you to view owners that have joined up in your area, and you can then message them about taking their dog out for a walk. I joined because I really miss being able to see Tilly, and especially this year I haven't gone home as much owing to work etc, so I haven't been able to see her nearly as much as I would like to. As well as being able to have a dog for company, I wanted to be able to take a dog out to find the best places for walks so once Tilly has moved to Sheffield in the summer I know the best places to take her! If like me you want to be able to take a dog out, I would definitely recommend looking into borrowmydoggy as aside from getting to hang out with Wilson, it's been a nice break to have once a week and means I actually get some fresh air!


 For Valentines Day Tom and I took a trip to York, which I have written a post all about so I will let you check that out for more information!

 Last week for date night, Tom and I decided to build a den, which was really fun and I look forward to being able to build bigger ones once we have more space. We've been enjoying watching the sport relief bake off (though I think I enjoy it more than Tom does!) and so we caught up with this weeks episode in the den. Although it might seem like something you do when you're about 8, it's super fun so I would definitely recommend it as a date night idea!

 How was your February? What have you been up to?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

3 comments

  1. Looks like you are still finding a little time to have some fun in between all your uni projects. Love reading what you have been up to 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great time (apart from all the studying) - the den you built looks so cosy! My February was pretty good, I worked a lot but I also got to visit Madrid. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds exciting! I've never been to Madrid but would love to at some point, I hope you had a fabulous time :) xx

      Delete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig