Cookies

Sunday 22 November 2015

Fortnightly Catch Up #11

 Hello there! And how has your fortnight been? I really cannot believe that this coming week is the last full one of November. In-between essays and reading, this month has suddenly flown by and Christmas is just around the corner (hooray!). What seems to have dominated the past fortnight is that I feel I'm ready to graduate University. I think after working so much over the summer I realised that I could be doing that now, and this has been at the forefront of this fortnight because I've been busy writing essays. I look forward to the day where I hand in my final essay! Despite the essay writing (and by the time I reach the next fortnightly catch up I will have completed all my first assessments yay!) I've fitted a lot of fun things in between.
 I met up with my friend Lucy for lunch one day and we went to a place called Lucky Fox on Division Street which I had been meaning to try for a while and it was lovely! I had a 'sandwich for a bear' which was smoked salmon, prawns, avocado and rocket in a toasted bun. There was a lot of choice and I definitely umm'd and ahh'd over what to get, so I will be returning to try out the rest of the menu! 

 This past fortnight has definitely been getting a lot more Christmassy and I'm not complaining! Stores have a great selection of decorations at the moment, and I'm looking forward to next year when I can buy lots of new lovely things to hang on the tree. The University cafe's have changed all their normal cups for Christmas ones, which was a nice pick me up for when I had been in the library for hours doing work.


  This past week I took a trip to London for the day, for 'City Connections'. This was a trip that was put on by the alumni office in collaboration with the outreach department for arts and humanities. The point of the trip was that we were taken to three different businesses in London where we could have a look round and ask any questions that we had, before a big networking event in the evening. It was a really good day but ever so long! In one of the breaks of the day we had time to walk around Covent Garden and it's decorated so beautifully. I'm going to visit my friend Kirstie in London next weekend, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of the city is decorated!

Christmas tree made out of Disney toys at St Pancras train station!

 On Friday I was lucky enough to go and see the Legally Blonde musical with Megan, as this was my birthday present from her. Before the theatre we went to Nottingham House for tea, and I was finally able to try a famous 'notty house pie'. I went for the chicken and wild mushroom pie, with mash and mushy peas, and it was a proper home made pie. It was one of those meals that really fills you up and was great value for money! I will definitely be returning when I'm in the mood for a pie and try another filling out.


 Last night Megan, Jess and I went to the University's Hindu Society's Diwali Ball, as Reesha is the secretary and so we went along to support her. She was lovely enough to lend us all sari's, and I absolutely loved wearing one! We all wished there was an occasion where we could wear things like this more often. We all had a lovely time and I can't wait to see how the professional photos turn out. 






































 This evening Tom and I went to see the Christmas light switch on, and although it was lovely to have a walk into the city, it was quite underwhelming. I have been to one at a local town back home before, so I thought a city one would be more dramatic but unfortunately it wasn't! I'll be going back to have a look around the market and appreciate the lights more when it's nowhere near as packed as it was!
 What have you been up to recently? Let me know in the comments!

Love Jess xxx

Share:

1 comment

  1. People have been buying a lot more Christmas goods in their weekly shop and now Christmas seems only a breath away. I have done rather well having bought all my gifts to give, but there is still time to get any extra little bits that aI see. Christmas will be very special this year xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig