Cookies

Sunday 11 October 2015

Fortnightly Catch Up #8

 Hello there! And how has your fortnight been? As always mine has been a busy one! I can't believe that I have now been back in uni for two weeks already- it's going too quickly! After two weeks I'm feeling more into the swing of things, and am getting used to my new modules. It's strange starting my third year modules, as the Victorian literature element was one of the reasons that I decided to pick Sheffield as the University for me, so it's strange how quickly this time has arrived. Saying that I am really enjoying them and I hope that I continue to do so. 
 The new University building called the Diamond is now open, and I have to say I have been converted to working in the library rather than at home (this in part owing to the fact that the library has heating). It's quite intergalactic and you feel like you're in Star Trek, but it's a good place to study.


 October is now here which means four things: 1. it's my birthday this month, 2. Halloween and Christmas will soon be arriving, 3. autumn is well and truly here, and 4. at the end of the month (actually on my birthday) the clocks go back meaning an extra hour in bed! 

 Last weekend my parents came up for the weekend which was lovely as I hadn't seen them since August. My dad had made me an early birthday cake and it was so yummy! It was actually a chocolate beetroot cake which I had never had, but both my housemates and I really liked it. On the Saturday I took my parents to see my exhibition, and then we took a wander through Weston park and made a trip to the museum there. After a spot of lunch and a look around the museum we went for a drink and cake at Patisserie Valerie. I had a strawberry tart which was so good! For tea we met up with Tom and went to Strada- none of us had ever been here before and we all really enjoyed it. I opted for the Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli and this was super tasty. I definitely think we will be returning here again!
 On the Sunday my parents and I took a drive down to Dovedale for a walk and it was such a beautiful day. If you would like to see more photos/find out more about our trip please have a read of my blogpost about it! 

 I'm so excited that everywhere is looking so autumnal now!

 Last night I went to an event put on by the union in collaboration with Lush, with my friend Nazma. Before the event we had a quick stop at Coffee Revolution in the union where I had a tea and a oreo brownie. I really need to look up a recipe for these! 
 For the actual event we were taken to the Lush shop in the city centre, where we got to make our own bubble bar and bath bomb, along with being able to try out the different products and pick up a few things! I love that they now have their seasonal products out, and I really enjoyed being able to make my own products which I'll be able to use in future bath times. 

 Wow that was a busy fortnight! I can't believe that I nearly forgot, but of course I watched the bake off final! This was a lovely evening as I had been out with a group of friends for Jade's birthday, and so we went back to their house after our meal to watch it together. Have you been watching the bake off? What did you think of the final? Let me know what you've been up to recently!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. I would not have picked Nadia as a winner of the bake off at the start of the series. But as the weeks went by she really improved and deserved to win. I hope the fame doesn't change her family life too much. I could almost smell the Lush shop from the photo you took xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig