Cookies

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Top Ten Disney Films 'Tag'

 Hello there! Now you may or may not know this about me, but I am a massive Disney fan. I'm always interested to hear what different people's favourite Disney films are, and so I thought I would share my top 10 with you. Now you have no idea how hard this was to narrow down. I'm not going to numerically order these, are these are all my 'favourite' in different ways. I have created the titles so that you can have a go at making your own list and I would love to hear what all of your choices are, either in the comments or on a blogpost of your own! There are a lot of Disney films that I absolutely LOVE that didn't make it onto the list, but for me these are the cream of the crop. 

Most Sentimental: Robin Hood


 Out of all of my Disney films, Robin Hood is the most sentimental one to me, as this was one that I would mainly watch with my Nanna and Grandad (I think they had it recorded on a video-I would also like to point out at this point that I did own most of the films as videos and I still have some of them in my room! But I have upgraded most of them to DVD's now). I think I would have watched this a few times with my mum, but my main memories of this are with my grandparents. It's the most sentimental to me because it reminds me of all the amazing times that I would spend with my Nanna and Grandad, and as they only lived next door this was most of the time when my parents were at work! It really does make me cherish the memories that I have. 

Favourite Princess: Sleeping Beauty



 So within the realm of Princesses, there are quite a few to pick from. You've got Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Rapunzel, Ariel...and so many more! The overall film that is my favourite is Sleeping Beauty (that features the Princess Aurora). Aside from the ability she seems to have to talk to animals (which I wish I had), what I absolutely love about this film is the illustration. I think with this film the illustrations are just so different to any other Disney film, and I can appreciate this even more now that I have the DVD where they've enhanced the original recording! Aside from the film my mum and I went to see a production of the Sleeping Beauty ballet, and I loved the fact that the film uses some of the original score from Tchaikovsky's ballet (which I didn't realise until after I had seen this). 

Favourite New Addition: Brother Bear

 First of all there is no photo for this one because the DVD case is in Sheffield! Brother Bear was one that I hadn't ever seen until I received it as a secret santa gift last Christmas (thank you Luke). After I watched it I thought, why haven't I seen this before?! I absolutely loved it, from the songs to the overall story, I think it's fab. I think this was a later release that came in the phase of 'I'm too cool for Disney' (how ignorant I was) which was probably why I didn't see it at the time! I feel like this is one that not as many people have seen as it isn't one of the 'classics', but I would really recommend a watch! 

Favourite Adaptation: Alice in Wonderland



 If you missed my Top Five 'Classics' post then you won't know about my love for Alice in Wonderland. I love the book, but I also really love the animation! I have seen the live action version, but this one will always be my favourite one. Although it does miss out sections from the book, I think it manages to capture the wacky and imaginative world of Wonderland, which means that not only adults can enjoy, but children can as well. (And will hopefully encourage them to like the book!)

Favourite Disney Pixar: Finding Nemo


 Now I know that this may cause some controversy, but, my favourite Disney Pixar film is Finding Nemo and not Toy Story. I like Toy Story, but I don't love it. Finding Nemo on the other hand, is the bees knees (or the fish's flippers?). I remember going to see this at the cinema when it came out, and I think it's because I find sealife and animals as a whole so interesting, and the corals etc in the sea so pretty, that this is my favourite. Plus there are some cracking lines in this: 'Shark bait hoo haha'. 

Favourite Sequel: The Lion King 2


 Now with the sequels Disney brought out, most of them were a bit naff (think 'Return to Neverland') but I loved and love, The Lion King 2. Not an original title I know, but, The Lion King always made me cry when Mufasa dies (spoiler alert) and I hate crying at films, so I rarely chose to watch this. The Lion King 2 on the other hand, I could watch, and still sing along to great songs, and so I will readily admit that I prefer this to the original. If you've never seen it, honestly watch it, or at least listen to the soundtrack! Especially the song 'He Lives in You'- if you've ever lost someone close to you like I have, then this song will hold a lot of meaning. 

Favourite Soundtrack: Tarzan
 I don't actually own a copy of Tarzan (again I think I had it as a recorded video), but it has some of my all time favourite songs! I may have mentioned it before, but I find listening to Disney songs when I'm doing work is a nice background noise that isn't distracting. I loved making my Disney playlist of Spotify of all my favourites, and looking through I think I have all of the major songs from Tarzan on it. 'Son of Man', 'Two Worlds' and 'Strangers Like Me' are my favourites. The other contenders for this category were The Lion King 2, and Oliver and Company, but these were just pipped to the post by Tarzan. I remember watching Tarzan last year when I was ill one day, and thinking 'oh so that's where that song fits in'!

Favourite Non-Animation: Mary Poppins
 So aside from the animated Disney, there are a lot of live action films. From Bedknobs and Broomsticks, to High School Musical, there are a lot to choose from. My favourite will always be the classic that is Mary Poppins. I absolutely love the duo of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, and I mean, who wouldn't want a Nanny that can perform some kind of magic? What I think is incredible is the fact that none of it was filmed in London, rather in sunny California in the Studios, which you would never know from the film! 

Childhood Favourite: 101 Dalmatians
 When I was a child, my favourite was 101 Dalmatians. I think this was owing to the fact that it is just filled with dogs (fun fact for you, as soon as I could talk I would always ask for a puppy for Christmas/my birthday!). Thinking about it now, I have no idea how a family could actually feasibly look after 101 dogs, I thought the original 15 puppies and their parents would be enough! I know they did a live action version of this film, and I don't really remember the first one, but I do remember 102 Dalmatians as I have both the DVD and the playstation game. 

Seasonal Favourite: Disney Christmas Sing Along


 First of all, I only have this as a video. I will be so upset when the video finally gives up as I cannot find it as a DVD anywhere! This is basically what it says on the tin- a sing along video of Christmas songs with Disney characters. There are two sections; the first one has various animated videos for the songs, some taken from films (such as for the song Sleigh Ride, the video is made up of clips from A Mickey's Christmas Carol), and the second section features videos of live action characters  (i.e. people dressed up in the costumes they use for Disneyland). It doesn't feel like Christmas without this video!

So there is my round up of my top ten Disney films! As I said, I would absolutely love to hear what your favourites are for each category!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig