Cookies

Tuesday 24 March 2015

March Favourites

 Hello there! It's time again to have a round up of my monthly favourites! I can't believe that we are almost into the 4th month of the year- where is the year going?! This month has been super busy, and I've been up to a lot, so I have a few things to share with you that I have been loving! 

Kitty cat coasters
 You will have seen these if you read my latest #52weeksofhappiness post, as I bought these from a shop called the 'Culture Vulture' in the Corn Exchange in Leeds. I found these and fell in love with them. Every time someone came to our house, I made them go to my room to have a look at them! I think they are just so cute, yet unique as I haven't seen anything in a similar design before. They are now dotted about my room, and make a lovely addition to my love of cats that I seem to have at the moment!



Shania Twain
 My music love of the month has been Shania Twain. I don't know if it's because I went to Pop Tarts recently or what, but I've been listening to her album 'Come on Over' a lot this month. I know that my parents liked her, and used to play this album when I was younger, so it's quite nostalgic listening back to it! My favourite tracks are 'I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)', 'Come On Over', 'Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)', 'Man! I Feel Like A Woman' and of course, 'That Don't Impress Me Much'. 

My Calendar/Diary
 This month has been absolutely manic, and so my calendar and diary have been able to keep me on top of all my commitments! I think once I am back at Uni, I'll need to schedule in some 'me time' as my busyness did start to get a bit too much. I do like to be busy, but it got to the point where I was just too busy and started to frazzle out a bit. That being said, my calendar and diary ensured that I did manage to keep up with everything, to which I am very grateful.

Student Railcard
 I have been on a lot of trains this month! And it would have been a lot more expensive had it not been for my student railcard that gets you a 1/3 off fare. I managed to pay £2.95 to get back from Leeds to Sheffield, and even the ticket man commented on how good that was. Without my card, I would have to pay a lot more, especially for the train when I come home, so if you use the train a lot, I would definitely recommend looking into any discount cards that you could use! I use this ticket holder from Cath Kidston that always holds my student rail card, and my train tickets so I don't lose them on a journey. 





































The Reader
 My book recommendation of the month has to be The Reader by Bernhard Schlink. One of my current modules is entitled 'Representing the Holocaust', and this was one of the texts that I will be studying after Easter. I decided to read it early, as I want to use it for my essay, and it was such an interesting read. I now want to watch the film and see how that compares to the book. So if you're on the lookout for an interesting read, I would definitely go for The Reader! It provides light on an aspect of the holocaust that isn't always thought about in detail within literature, but I won't spoil what that is, so just go and read it!






































So there are my favourites from the month! Is there anything that you have been loving throughout March?

Love Jess xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig