Cookies

Tuesday 9 December 2014

DIY Christmas Decorations

 Hello! One of my favourite things to do at this time of year is decorating my room and the house for Christmas. Being a student, I had to have a look round, but a lot of places (especially supermarkets) do really nice decorations that are cheap! Last year as I was living in Halls, I didn't want to buy a tree or anything, so decided to make my own! It's really easy to do and looks really effective, so I thought I would do a step-by-step guide so you can recreate your own! All you will need is an old magazine.

 Take your old magazines and rip off the front and back covers. 


 Take the top right corner of the first page and fold it over the the spine.

 Then fold the page over again go that it is in line with the spine (as shown below).


 Repeat this process with the rest of the pages.

  I then realised that I should have folded over the bottom triangles so that it could stand up! I just went through and did this for all the pages- make sure you do this from the beginning!


 This is what it looks like about half way through!

This is the final product! Don't they look really effective? It's quite therapeutic doing this, so stick on a programme or a film, and get making!






































 You can leave them like that which I have done this year, but last year I printed out pictures of baubles and stuck them on with blu-tac. These are really nice cost effective decorations!


As a little extra for those who have read down this far, I'm making my own gift tags this year, and I wanted to share them with you!

 I bought some brown tags off amazon, and I already had these Christmas themed craft stickers.



  I think these look really good and you can personalise them for the gift receivers. You can either leave the stickers as they are or colour parts of them in like I did!

 If you make any of these, please send me a photo! Have fun decorating, whatever you do.

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig