Cookies

Tuesday 3 June 2014

A Trip out to Hope Valley

On Friday Tom, Luke, Jacob, Will and I went out on the train from Sheffield to Hope Valley. Although cloudy the rain managed to stay away and we had a lovely day. I took a few photos which I would like to share with you. I love that although living in a city, you can escape out into the glorious countryside within a half an hour train ride.




Thomas and Luke looking cute on the train






After the half mile walk from the station to Hope village itself, we stopped for a bit of lunch to power us on.

My lunch of a chicken and pesto panini.






After lunch I asked in the newsagents where we could go for a walk and he showed me on a map where we could go. We walked along a path and came out under this bridge (a trainline ran over the top and the train just so happened to come as we were walking underneath!)
We then came out onto a path that led up to a group of holiday cottages- I wouldn't mind staying there if this was my view!





 The path then carried on further through a field where sheep were being kept- we had to be careful not to antagonise them as they all had little lambs with them! They were so cute but I know how protective the parents can be so a while was spent waiting for the sheep to cross from one side of the path to the other.

 Once we walked through the holiday cottage area the footpath led up to this hill. Thomas and I stayed here as I didn't fancy walking up any higher as it was getting steeper and steeper!

 This is Hope village itself, I can't believe how far we walked!




Having climbed back down the way we came, we headed back to the train station to go back to Sheffield. All in all it was a lovely day out and was nice to get some fresh air after being kept inside for so long doing essays the week before!

Did you do anything exciting last week?

Love Jess xx
Share:

3 comments

  1. Love the peaks. You are all so lucky to live in Sheffield

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres some excellent scenic views there, I went last year and spent the day there for that reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely part of the Country

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig